Agent’s Take: Kyler Murray, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel headline nine NFL stars seeking a big deal or trade

Player dissatisfaction with existing contracts and frustration with the negotiation of new contracts regularly occurs every offseason. There are different ways to handle contract unhappiness. Some players attend offseason workouts as a gesture of good faith that there will be a positive result. Others express their displeasure by refusing to attend the offseason workout program, organized team activities and mandatory minicamp. 

The three-day June minicamp camp is the only mandatory offseason activity. Players under contract who don’t attend this minicamp are subject to a $95,877 fine under the NFL collective bargaining agreement this year. It’s a $15,980 hit for the first day missed, $31,980 for a second missed day and $47,936 with a third missed day.

These penalties for missing mandatory minicamp don’t apply to unsigned restricted free agents, franchise and transition players. Their attendance isn’t required because of the absence of a signed contract. Players under contract are withholding services they are contractually obligated to perform while unsigned players have no such obligation.

Twelve of the 32 NFL teams (Colts, Buccaneers, 49ers, Giants, Lions, Packers, Patriots, Raiders, Rams Seahawks, Steelers and Vikings) are holding minicamp this week. Seventeen teams will have minicamp next week. The Dolphins had their minicamp last week. The Bengals and Eagles will not be holding a mandatory minicamp.

Here’s a look at the situations of nine notable players who are unhappy with their situations, who either want a new contract or a trade. Three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald was going to headline the list. He was threatening retirement until the Rams gave him an unprecedented three-year, $95 million contract, which added $40 million to his existing deal without getting any new contract years in return, on Monday. Donald becomes the first non-quarterback to break the $30 million-per-year barrier. He was also

Read More

Andy Murray sets up Madrid Open meeting with Novak Djokovic: ‘I shouldn’t have a chance’, says Brit | Tennis News

Andy Murray claims first victory over top-20 player this year with 6-1 3-6 6-2 win over Denis Shapovalov; Murray will next face world No 1 Novak Djokovic, who advanced to the last 16 with a straight sets win over Gael Monfils; young Brit Jack Draper falls short of Andrey Rublev upset

Last Updated: 04/05/22 11:15am


Andy Murray beat Denis Shapovalov 6-1 3-6 6-2 to set up a last-16 clash with Novak Djokovic at the Madrid Open

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Andy Murray beat Denis Shapovalov 6-1 3-6 6-2 to set up a last-16 clash with Novak Djokovic at the Madrid Open

Andy Murray beat Denis Shapovalov 6-1 3-6 6-2 to set up a last-16 clash with Novak Djokovic at the Madrid Open

Andy Murray says he “shouldn’t have a chance” of upsetting Novak Djokovic after setting up a clash with the World No 1 in the third round of the Madrid Open in what will be their first ATP Tour meeting since 2017.

Murray, 34, outlasted Denis Shapovalov in a three-set thriller on Tuesday night and will now face Djokovic in the last 16 after the Serb dispatched Gael Monfils in straight sets.

Speaking in his post-match interview, Murray, who was handed a wildcard for this event, said of his 37th career clash with Djokovic: “He’s obviously No 1 in the world [and] I’m playing with a metal hip, so I shouldn’t have a chance.

“I thought about it a little bit at the beginning of the third set. I didn’t know if I was going to get the chance to play matches like that again.”

It was Murray's first victory this year over a top 20 player

It was Murray’s first victory this year over a top 20 player

Murray: My game is in good shape

“In theory I shouldn’t have a chance in the match, but I’ve put myself in a great position,” Murray continued.

“”I worked extremely hard in the last five or six

Read More